Site of the Week Vol 9 :: Notcot.com
Well it’s another monday and therefore another site of the week. I went out on friday and a mate was saying how he was enjoying ffffound.com our previous site of the week, and asked if I’d checked out notcot.com. I had a run in with Notcot a year or so ago back in my varsity days, and decided to check it out again yesterday for the first time in ages.
I was mightily impressed, it’s one awesome site, and has grown into a “notempire” as they put it, with a network of sites including NOTCOT.org + NotCouture.com + Liqurious.com (+ previously TasteSpotting.com). All of which are pretty awesome, and worth checking out.
I however will be focusing on the original Notcot.com and its many features.
What they have to say about themselves
NOTCOT is a visual filtration of ideas + aesthetics + amusements. NOTCOT’s two sites have become the daily sources of inspiration for creatives everywhere, fighting the good fight against “creative block” since 2005 with visually stunning imagery, the latest in international trends, and a passion for all things well designed.
NOTCOT is dedicated to:
1. DESIGN. A love and admiration of well designed things. There is no reason for something today not to be aesthetically stunning.
2. IMAGERY. We organize our design and features around enticing, well composed images. The images speak for themselves, so text is secondary – but we always provide frank, honest, insightful reviews.
3. CURATION. We highlight inspiring products and concepts for designers, boutiques, and consumers. The side tags host monthly gallery showings of up and coming artists which link toGallery Notcot.
Yeah so once you remove the ‘fluff’ its basically a design site, which has been the flavour of the month here at Dont Party thus far. One thing I enjoy about Notcot is it’s blog format layout which makes reading everything really easy. It also features design is nearly every format imaginable. There is everything from tech to playful to wearable to home and decor so the selection is pretty comprehensive, just check the categories listed on the right, the list goes on for pages.
So if you’re bored at work and looking for inspiration or just some good old fashioned entertainment its definately worth a look
Some of the goodness on Notcot.com
Latest posts by Teeks (see all)
- The Lumineers live in South Africa in 2014 - 2014-07-23
- UBER X Launches in Cape Town :: Use our Uber Promo Code: UberCPT - 2014-06-12
- Miley Cyrus jams to Sibot [Videos] - 2014-06-02