Deadbeat FM reach the final round of LOT49 International Artist Search
Last month we did a post on Deadbeat FM a Joburg based Minimal tech outfit. We try to stay in touch with artists so we can relay information onwards and outwards to you the avid listener, and party goer. Well we got a call from one half of the duo letting us know that they had made the shortlist of 14 artists in a massive global competition run by LOT49 the record label responsible for such artists as Timo Mass, Meat Katie, Dylan Rhymes, Lee Coombs, Dopamine, Kid Blue, Vandal, Odissi and many more. Pretty serious stuff, the competition is basically a search for new up and coming artists and over 1500 tracks were submitted (what we were told), and good old Deadbeat FM made the cut.
About the Competition (So say the Internet)
- The competition is to be judged by a panel of leading industry figures including Timo Maas, Orbital, D Ramirez, James Zabiela, Steve Mac, Meat Katie and Dylan Rhymes....
- One lucky winner wins a three EP deal on Lot 49, mastered at London’s Wired Masters studios with Kev Grainger (Steve Angello, Bjork, Gilles Peterson) plus a heap of software prizes.
- 14 finalists will have their track featured on Lot49 Recordings “New Lot Compilation”, due out in early 2010.
Want to know more about Deadbeat Fm, check their artists profile here on Dont Party
Latest posts by Teeks (see all)
- The Lumineers live in South Africa in 2014 - July 23, 2014
- UBER X Launches in Cape Town :: Use our Uber Promo Code: UberCPT - June 12, 2014
- Miley Cyrus jams to Sibot [Videos] - June 2, 2014